JOIN US FOR WORSHIP
Worship isn’t about performance; it’s about participation. This Worship Guide serves as a weekly resource as we join in singing, praying, and celebrating the work God is doing in our community. Whether you’re at the Lyric Theatre or tuning into our live stream, we’re so glad you are joining us!
Let’s jump in.
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Matthew 22:37-40 NIV
HOME CHURCH: GROWING TOGETHER IN COMMUNITY
Start your time together by having a few people share where they’ve seen God at work in their lives throughout the week.
God is not contained to a service or a building. We want to live with the expectation that God is present and at work in the everyday stuff of our lives. We listen, join him in his work, and share stories of how he’s moving!
Studying The Scriptures Together
Each week, we approach the Scriptures with 4 primary questions:
1. What does this tell us about God?
2. What does this tell us about ourselves?
3. How does this help us love
4. How can we put this into practice?
These questions help guide our conversation around the Scripture each week, and encourage us to move beyond knowledge and into action together.
1. Aristotle says: “We are what we repeatedly do, therefore excellence is not an act, but a habit.” Over the past year, how have you seen your spiritual habits change? Did the trials of the past year strengthen or weaken your patterns of spiritual formation, and what changes do you want to make in the days ahead?
2. 1 Peter 3:15-16 makes it clear that our lives together should be so noticibly hopeful that people ask why we are different. Look at the list of the Habits Of Love below in the Next Steps. In your Home Church or among the believers you’re walking with, talk about how you might incorporate these practices into your lives together.
How You Can Pray:
Habits Of Love.
In the next steps and resources section below, you’ll find the list of the 5 Habits Of Love we’re seeking to live together as a Church family this summer. Look over this list prayerfully and ask God to give wisdom as to how you might bring these habits into your everyday life – not adding more stuff to do, but rather being more intentional with what you already do.
NEXT STEPS AND RESOURCES
These habits are based upon the “5 Habits Of Highly Missional People” in Michael Frost’s book “Surprise The World.” Our Home Church leaders will be getting a copy of the book, but if you’d like to purchase it, click here.