JOIN US FOR WORSHIP
Worship isn’t about performance; it’s about participation. This Worship Guide serves as a weekly resource as we join in singing, praying, and celebrating the work God is doing in our community. Whether you’re at the Lyric Theatre or tuning into our live stream, we’re so glad you are joining us!
Let’s jump in.
He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets prisoners free,the Lord gives sight to the blind, the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down, the Lord loves the righteous. The Lord watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.
Psalm 146:7-9 NIV
God of all breath and life,
We deeply desire to know you —
Not only to witness your glory,
But to seek your peace actively.
We run wholeheartedly toward grace, praying this:
Bring your Shalom to our inner world
And to the ends of the earth.
Lead us away from evil,
That we may bear a revelation of hope
Instead of pronouncements of anger or despair.
May we do good, loving all who we encounter.
May we be swept up in your radical justice and
Always pursue grace as you restore this world
with mighty, unending salvation. In your name, amen.
HOME CHURCH: GROWING TOGETHER IN COMMUNITY
Start your time together by having a few people share where they’ve seen God at work in their lives throughout the week.
God is not contained to a service or a building. We want to live with the expectation that God is present and at work in the everyday stuff of our lives. We listen, join him in his work, and share stories of how he’s moving!
Studying The Scriptures Together
Each week, we approach the Scriptures with 4 primary questions:
1. What does this tell us about God?
2. What does this tell us about ourselves?
3. How does this help us love
4. How can we put this into practice?
These questions help guide our conversation around the Scripture each week, and encourage us to move beyond knowledge and into action together.
1. What are some of the preconcieved stereotypes and misconceptions of immigrants and refugees that pervade our society today? Did you grow up around any stereotypes about certain people groups or populations you’ve sense become aware of – and if so, what opened your eyes?
2. Read Revelation 7:9. Our faith promises us an eternity with every nation, tribe, people, and language worshiping together as one family before the throne of God. How does this future together clarify our calling as a Church in the present – and what is standing in the way of pursuing it together?
How You Can Pray:
Pray for Word Of Hope International Ministries.
Our guest(s) this morning are about to launch out as their own Church here in Lexington. They are a predominantly Congolese congregation, and they are seeking to both impact the spiritual lives of their community and build them up through education and job training. Pray for God’s provision, wisdom, and power as they work to see the kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven.
NEXT STEPS AND RESOURCES
Locally, Kentucky Refugee Ministries does incredible work providing for needs and helping transition refugees into life in America. Visit their website and learn more about how you can help!