JOIN US FOR WORSHIP
Worship isn’t about performance; it’s about participation. This Worship Guide serves as a weekly resource as we join in singing, praying, and celebrating the work God is doing in our community. Whether you’re at the Lyric Theatre or tuning into our live stream, we’re so glad you are joining us!
Let’s jump in.
Jesus continued going around to all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and every sickness. When he saw the crowds, he felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dejected, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is abundant, but the workers are few. Therefore, pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest.”
Matthew 9:35-38 NIV
God our creator and sustainer,
Our hope is in you.
Everything in us longs for you.
You uphold us with your
mighty right hand,
Faithful to redeem and forgive.
We wait patiently on you.
Day and night, we cling to your promises.
You alone are God. We serve you only.
Give us joy for today
and hope for tomorrow,
As we keep our eyes fixed on you. Amen.
HOME CHURCH: GROWING TOGETHER IN COMMUNITY
Start your time together by having a few people share where they’ve seen God at work in their lives throughout the week.
God is not contained to a service or a building. We want to live with the expectation that God is present and at work in the everyday stuff of our lives. We listen, join him in his work, and share stories of how he’s moving!
Studying The Scriptures Together
Each week, we approach the Scriptures with 4 primary questions:
1. What does this tell us about God?
2. What does this tell us about ourselves?
3. How does this help us love
4. How can we put this into practice?
These questions help guide our conversation around the Scripture each week, and encourage us to move beyond knowledge and into action together.
1. As you read Matthew 9:35-38, what does Jesus’ call to pray in response to the needs they see tell you about how he understands His mission – and how he understands ours?
2. Intercessory prayer isn’t just asking God to move – it’s participating in His work through contending on behalf of others. How does understanding prayer as participation with God change the way you approach your prayer life?
How You Can Pray:
Person. Circumstance. Need.
This weekend, we’re recieving cards with three words written on them: Person, Circumstance, and Need. We’re encouraging everyone to write on the card a person, a circumstance, and a need they are asking God to bring life into. This week, consistently pray and “stand in the gap” for each of these 3 areas.