HOME CHURCH GUIDE
In this season where our Church is unable to gather as a whole family for worship, we’re seeking to equip our Restoration family for God’s work among them – right where they are. That’s what Home Church is all about: giving you tools to gather with community groups or other believers (*safely* in person or online) for a shared experience of worship with the whole Restoration family. Below, you’ll find three movements of worship together: Worship (praise and prayer), Word (opening the Scriptures), and Witness (talking it out and living it out. So whether with a community group or a friend or two, let’s worship together! (Kids Resources Here!)
WORSHIP: PRAISE AND PRAYER
Worship is the continual process of orienting our hearts around that which we value most. Each Sunday, we worship in song and prayer to offer our hearts and allegience to Jesus, who alone is worthy of our praise. In your Home Churches, we encourage worship through the use of the video below or by worship in person. If you cannot participate through song in your group, spend time answering this question:
What do I have to praise God for this week?
This week’s prayer is a declaration of the faithfulness of God as we move into a new season with our church family. We encourage you to read it aloud with your family or your home church group. One designated reader could recite each section, or you could have three separate readers split it up. Prayers of hope – these words that are shared communally even when we are apart – are a wonderful reminder of unity right now.
God of building and restoring, give us stamina for the journey ahead. Give us grace for the future as you light a spark in our hearts, an excitement for the beauty you promise to unfold all around us.
WORD: OPENING THE SCRIPTURES
WITNESS: TALK AND LIVE IT OUT
Whether among your community group or a few friends over Zoom, we want to challenge you to move beyond just knowledge and information and into practicing the way of Jesus in your everyday life! But we do this together. Below you’ll find some questions to discuss, as well as next steps for living it out!
1. The exiles in Jeremiah 29 found themselves trying to rebuild their faith outside of the world they used to know. What aspect of your walk with God has struggled to find it’s footing in this season of exile?
2. Instead of escaping their exile, God’s words fro Jeremiah called His people them not to passivity, but to intentional, fruitful lives of rooted faith. What new (or renewed) area of growth do you see taking root in your life in spite of your circumstances?
3. Perhaps the greatest spiritual danger in these days of crisis is isolation. What are some tangible steps you can take to move deeper into intentional, consistent community?
4. In Hebrews 10:24-25, the writer uses the word habit to describe the tendency of some to drift away from the people of God. How does community move from being merely a value to an actual habit in our lives?
Practice: Get Connected! As we transition to a network of Home Churches, we’re passionate about making sure you stay connected and cared for during the season ahead. In the message, Justin challenged everyone to do one of 3 things:
1. If you’re in a Home Church already, talk through your plan. (HomeGroupPlanningGuide)
2. If you’re not in a Home Church, get connected to one!
3. If you’re interested in starting a Home Church, email us!